Responsible Entity: Controller
Date Approved: March 6, 2001
Revised: October 2005
Payments from Church funds are made in accordance with the current annual Church budget and/or when approved by the Board of Trustees or Congregation. Reimbursement to individuals for expenses incurred or as payment to suppliers for goods and services received normally requires a completed Request for Payment form unless alternate procedures under the governance of the Controller and Treasurer are used. All Request for Payment forms must be signed by the committee chair or department head. Supporting documentation must be attached to the request and additional documentation and information may be required by the Controller or Treasurer to ensure Church policies are followed.
The church Controller and Treasurer will issue routine payments twice in each calendar month, generally around the 15th and 30th each month. In order to ensure prompt reimbursement to individuals and timely payments to suppliers, members are encouraged to anticipate the need for a payment and allow up to two weeks for the issuance of the payment. In the case of special urgency, payments may be issued more frequently by the Church Controller and Treasurer.
All requests for payment must be accompanied by an original invoice or original receipts clearly indicating the goods and services provided and the reason for their acquisition. The original invoices or receipts are kept in the church payment files and copies are not made or returned. No payment will be made on a "Request for Payment" without the following information, which should accompany each "Request for Payment" or be included on the invoice for goods and services:
1. Date of the payment request and the date payment is requested.
2. The full name and mailing address of the payee.
3. Description of the goods or services and a reason for their purchase or acquisition.
4. Name of the committee or department requesting payment.
5. The account number to be charged for the payment. Members may consult the Controller or church staff for information about church accounts.
6. Signature of committee chair or department head and phone number
7. Distribution instructions; held in the church office for pickup or mailed directly to the payee.