The mission of the Facilities Enhancement Committee is to oversee and enhance the physical organization and aesthetic appearance of the DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church.
The Facilities Enhancement Committee reports directly to the Board of Directors.
As required by the constitution, the committee chairperson is appointed by the Board of Directors. There are four to six regular committee members, including the Director of Religious Education and a representative from the Building Maintenance and Grounds Maintenance Committees. Meetings are held regularly, usually once a month from September until May, and additional meetings will be scheduled as needed.
Key Goals and Objectives
The Facilities Enhancement Committee acts as a clearinghouse for the care, acquisition, disposal, display, and placement of the furnishings of the church. Its duties include:
- coordinating and encouraging non-cash gifts to the church (constitutional charge);
- receiving and reviewing suggestions regarding the care, acquisition, disposal, display, and placement of the furnishings of the church;
- supervising and interpreting the Bulletin Board Policy;
- taking inventory of current church furnishings;
- responding to offers of donated physical items;
- responding to concerns from committees about issues regarding arrangement or decoration;
- soliciting input from groups within the church which would be impacted by significant changes in arrangement, furniture acquisition or removal, or decoration;
- making recommendations to the Board of Directors for significant changes in the physical set up of the church and/or for new purchases which would enhance the physical organization or appearance of the church;
- working closely with the Building Maintenance and Grounds Maintenance Committees to coordinate efforts to enhance the church building;
- ensuring that additions to the church furnishings are of a permanent nature, aesthetically pleasing, in harmony with the whole, and properly placed.
- chair or designee attending Administrative Council meetings as requested and submitting an annual end of the year report.
The Facilities Enhancement Committee is the "Responsible Entity" for the following church Policies:
Bulletin Board Policy
Facilities Enhancement Policy