Responsible entity: Marketing Committee
Date approved: February 6, 2001
Last Reviewed: February 2009
1. The DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church newsletter is a two-sided, letter-sized document. Published twice a month, it will be distributed by email or, at subscriber request, by First Class mail. It will also be made available electronically at http://www.dupageuuchurch.org/.
2. The newsletter is sent to members, contributing friends, and area Unitarian Universalist churches. The newsletter is also sent to visitors and other friends of the church to promote the interests of the church as determined by the minister, program administrator and the Visitor Relations Committee.
3. Committees and members may contribute to the newsletter. To submit articles and announcements for publication:
- Consider timing; for maximum effect, announcements should be included in the newsletter no more than one month prior to an event. Brief Save the Date announcements may be made earlier.
- Place the announcement/article in the church office administrator's IN box or email to
on or before the newsletter deadline date as determined and posted by the office staff. If using U.S. mail, allow at least five days for announcements mailed to the church office.
- Major church events requiring additional coverage may be publicized using a separate page which will be mailed with the newsletter. All such inserts must fit on letter-size paper.
4. Articles and announcements will be edited for clarity, content, appropriateness, and to maximize use of newsletter space.
- Announcements of DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church activities have priority over other announcements.
- Individual contributors are responsible for the content provided. The Minister shall be responsible (or delegate to Office staff as appropriate) for prioritization of content and editing required for best use of the space available.